Tuesday 20 October 2009

I am confused?


Maybe it's all down to thinking too much, for me an occupational hazard!
Today's question is how is it that people can get themselves into such a place that they find it hard to even recognise themselves? How can life be so 'cruel'?
Today I join the psalmists in their cry of 'Why Lord?' in my mourning of the loss of a very special friend - who hasn't physically died, yet bears no resemblance to the person I knew and loved a year ago. My love for him hasn't changed and I know that Gods' love for him hasn't changed either - I just wished he could see that himself.
The sad thing is that through my journey of the last 18 months I can see how easy it is to give into things that have happened in the past and allow your future to be defined by them; and yet also how freeing it is to allow God into those areas of you life and by His grace be healed. It isn't an overnight process, it's a long hard journey - especially the forgiveness part.
I truly believe that forgiveness should be spelt forgivenesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss (s recurring).
Today my prayers are for all of you who may be struggling with life, feeling weighed down by things of the past. I pray that our Good and Gracious God, the God of no limitations, will restore the years that the locusts have eaten, and make all things new.

No comments:

Post a Comment