Friday 6 August 2010

Love Never Fails


Love never fails (1 Corinthians 13:8)

Do you know that some children grow up without ever hearing “I love you” said to them by their parents? It’s true. Maybe you are one of those people who grew up without ever hearing those three important words. If you are, then I’m sure you know how hurtful and devastating it is to never feel loved.

I have a friend who grew up in a home like that – where love was never communicated – and she has struggled in that area. We all need to hear the words. As wives/partners we need to hear those words from our husbands/partners. And as mums, we need to communicate our love to our children.

There are many ways we can say “I love you”. We can leave little love notes to our spouses/partners and our children, sneaking them into lunchboxes and backpacks or under pillows. We can verbally express our love every morning and every night. We can bake a big cake and write “I love you” on it. Be as creative as you want, just make sure you take time to express your love every day. Be an ambassador of love in your home.

Father, help me to express my love to my family. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment