Saturday 1 January 2011

Plans or Goals?


I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. "When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen. "When you come looking for me, you'll find me. "Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed." God's Decree. "I'll turn things around for you. Jeremiah 29:11-14 (The Message)

It’s the 1.1.11, the day when our thoughts turn to the coming New Year and what it may bring for us. As the clock struck 12 last night my two girls immediately said “What are your New Years’ resolutions Mum?”.

Looking back on last year, I have to say that making plans aren’t always the best thing. Last year I found myself disappointed over something that I, and others, thought was certain to happen to me, but it didn’t. The plans we make often do not concur with those that God has for us. I like the idea of having goals for my life, but making plans for the year puts a time frame on events. Time frames can often lead to disappointment. I think I want to approach this year prayerfully, committing this year to God and His plans for me.

Even this morning I heard from a dear friend, who last night was excited for what this year held for her and her family. And then less than 6 hours later, heard that someone she loved dearly had died early this morning, totally blowing hers and her families hopes and dreams for the year to bits. My thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family at this really sad time.
My hope for this year is that I will take each day as it comes, make the most of every moment of each day, and spend time with my family and my wonderful friends, trusting in God for my happiness and fulfilment. He knows what is best for us. He has equipped us to handle life as it comes. Each day has enough for us to consider, we don’t need to anticipate tomorrows issues while we are still trying to live out today! And that is my prayer for you all too.

Thank you all for your love and support over the last year. I have really appreciated everything you have done and I am so blessed and honoured to have such a wonderful group of friends.

I would love to pray for you. If you are worried about what this year may hold for you, if you have unresolved issues from last year that you would like God’s help with, or if you want to know the peace of God which surpasses all understanding or meet with Jesus and have him as your personal saviour – then I would love to pray for you or with you. Facebook inbox me, email me sallydryden@stbarnabas.co.uk; drop me a letter, text me or catch up with me any time.

May God bless you and your families this year. Love and hugs to you all x x x x

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you.
May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you.
May the Lord show you his favour and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment