Saturday 12 February 2011

God's multiplying principle!


Yesterday in TLC (Toddler Lunch Club) we were learning about God’s multiplying principle. Basically, whatever you give to God, your time, your money, your love, He likes to multiply it for His glory. This morning as I woke up I found myself thinking about this principle, and how clever God is.

On 14th January 2003 my Mum died, suddenly and unexpectedly. She was 58, my dad had just retired, they had just bought their dream house in the country after living in London all their lives, they were looking forward to a lovely retirement, hanging out with their children and grandchildren. And then she died.

It was a very traumatic time for us, she was a wonderful mum and even more amazing nanny, I just kept thinking about our beautiful girls and how much they were going to miss not having her in their lives. I had no idea how I was going to raise our girls without her wise counsel; my girls were 8 and 6 at the time.

On 15th March 2003, whilst attending an Alpha course at St B’s I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Saviour and became a Christian. Coincidentally, in December 2002, I had agreed to go on the course with a friend, which started the week before mum died. God knew exactly what I would need at that time.

In joining St B’s I got involved with Barney’s and a few other bits and pieces and in doing so started to make friends. All in all so many wonderful friends I have lost count! So many dear friends, many of whom no longer come to Barney’s, their children are at school now some in year 3 or 4. I went to the pub last night with four of them, one of whom moved away from London 4 years ago, but came back yesterday for a visit – and is now running her own toddler group!.

Through being a member of St B’s I have found lots of friends, amazing people who love me in a way I have never been loved before. They support me through the ups and downs of my life and I am so grateful. And what gives me great pleasure is being able to do the same for them. It’s almost like in losing my mum my world shrank to half its size, but in finding God He has multiplied my world beyond my belief. Of course no one could replace mum, but I and my family now have so many wonderful friends, each of whom restore a little bit of her to us.
Through meeting Jesus and then having the privilege to lead Barney’s and being able to invest my time in helping new mums and dads, my heart especially being for families with young children, God has multiplied what I have given Him a million times over. I lost my mum, but gained, through all my new friendships, lots of honorary mums, dads, sisters, brothers, nieces, nephews, sons, daughters, grandchildren!!!!! And buckets full of love!

“God gives, God takes. God's name be ever blessed.” Job 1:21 The Message

TLC (Toddler Lunch Club) is a group for Barney’s Toddler Groups parents and carers, which meets on a Friday between 12 noon and 2pm in the Parish Hall at St Bs. We share lunch together, chat, learn, support and strengthen each other in our daily lives. Simply bring your toddler and your lunch. The children have fun with toys, craft and dvd’s and we have time to spend with God and each other.

A time to learn how to take life as it comes and experience God’s tender loving care for us.
Please come along one Friday and try it out – it’s mad, but fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment