Friday 26 November 2010

There is always a new dawn!


God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next. Amen.

Reinhold Niebuhr

It’s been a tricky week for so many of you, but in amongst the sad, unexplainable and darn right unfair I have also heard amazing stories of answered prayers, bodies healed and life restored. In John 16:33 Jesus says “In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

There are no simple explanations for most of the stuff that happens in our lives, we live in a broken world, and if we tried to rationalise everything that did happen we would end up living a world of ‘could have beens’ rather than living in the now, thus letting the enemy steal all of our joy.

Keep life simple, cast all your cares on God, all your worries, all your concerns. Let him hold you and in the safety of that place dare to look out and count your blessings. If it is dark today, there is always a new dawn in the morning!

Praying for you all x x x x x x


No comments:

Post a Comment