Sunday 24 January 2010

There's nothing He doesn't know.......

The last few weeks it's been pretty hard to hold it all together. I've been juggling with so many emotions; sadness, fear, worry, tiredness, anger and at times rage. Dealing with them and keeping them undercontrol has been hard. Life at present is amazing yet still a bit unsure in the Dryden household with this court case still hanging over us.

Today has been one of those days when Jesus has said "Sal, stop holding on to the duvet too tightly you are nicking my bit and I am getting cold!"

Two Christmas's ago a wonderful friend gave me a framed copy of the picture at the top of this blog. It's called 'It is finished' by Aidan Meller. It is just beautiful, look at the look in Jesus' eyes. He is saying 'Just for you, it will be ok, I did this just for you'. I love this picture, it is one of my prized posessions and hangs in my office at home in front of my desk were can see it at all times, just a glimpse is all I need.

Sadly it's positioning on the wall seems to mean that if anyone (apart from me) wants to get the ironing board from where it lives they accidentally knock it off the wall, often without realising they have done it. I go back into my office and find it on the floor, frame bent and broken - I have reframed it once after many fixes of the first frame.

Sometimes it's the strangest things that tip you over the edge when you are feeling a little fragile and this was it. Today, not only was the picture on the floor in a crumpled heap but I joined it. We had a good sob together, I looked Him in the eyes, He told me it would all be ok, and off I set to fix the frame again.

As I have done so, I had to take the whole thing to pieces and glue it, and I have found that the picture is actually a card and I had never noticed this before. On the back of the card is printed 'If God is with us, who can be against us?' Romans 8 v 31.

What can I say, what can I sob, apart from thank you Lord - I know you are bigger than a broken frame - you mend broken lives - mine included.

No comments:

Post a Comment